An exciting project for the winter at Fairlie Yachting: Lutine of Helford has joined us in the yard for some work. Due to constant moving of topside seams, the owner has asked us to recaulk and spline.
Elements we are attending include:
- Set up scaffolding, build tent over, ensuring no draft
- Cut out old caulking, tapered seam with special sawblade
- Minor replacement of planks affected by freshwater from leaky chainplates
- Re-caulked using tarred marlin, gluing in mahogany spline
- Replacing a few rotten fastenings below waterline
- Repaint using Epifane single part system